– Max. resolution: 2560×1080 @ 30fps
– Price: [price aus=”https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mini+0826&linkCode=ll2&tag=dcr-price-20&linkId=5a8a93e21358ed8bcbbf840f01cab527″ aca=”https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=mini+0826&linkCode=ll2&tag=dashcamerevi-20&linkId=baf73023a854591d78c93b84cf89ddb6″ eus=”http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575053717&toolid=10001&campid=5337370366&customid=dcr-mini0826-us-price&icep_uq=mini+0826&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg” euk=”http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575053717&toolid=10001&campid=5337370366&customid=dcr-mini0826-uk-price&icep_uq=mini+0826&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg” eau=”http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575053717&toolid=10001&campid=5337370366&customid=dcr-mini0826-au-price&icep_uq=mini+0826&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229515&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg”] (for more countries & vendors, check below)
– GPS optional in mount
– HDR Super Night Vision
– Bit rate: 15 Mbps
– Small size (80mm x 46mm x 39mm)
– 3.2 MPixel CMOS sensor
– CPU: Ambarella A7
– Angle of view: 135° diagonal
– Operating temperature: from 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
– Video format: .MOV
– Photo format: .JPG
– CPL filter included
– Supports up to 64GB MicroSD cards
– 8GB built-in memory (optional)
– Time and date stamp on video
– Loop recording, auto on/off, G-sensor, motion detection
– Interfaces: HDMI, USB, AV
– Lock file button
– Internal microphone and speaker
– Adhesive 3M mount
– FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System)
– LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System)
Mini 0826 Review
Released in December 2015, the Mini 0826 is the latest model of the extremely successful Chinese Mini series. While the Mini 0826 is a bit larger than its predecessors, its design and features are similar: A small, cylindrical camera unit that attaches to a window mount, which itself sticks to the windscreen via a 3M pad. GPS is optional and, if present, integrated in the camera’s mount. In fact, the window mounts of the Mini 0826 and the Mini 0806 are interchangeable.
Just like the previous models, the Mini 0826 supports a wide variety of resolutions: 2560×1080 @ 30fps, 1296p @ 30fps, 1080p @ 45fps, HDR 1080p @ 30fps, and 720p @ up to 60fps. Video quality is very good, both at day and at night time.
This camera uses the same firmware as the Mini 0805 and therefore also has similar features. Actually, the main difference is its casing: It is larger and sturdier than the previous cameras’ shells, and its rubber coating makes for a higher quality feel. According to the manufacturer, the larger size is intended to allow for a future capacitor version, which hasn’t been released yet though (we’ll keep you posted when it is).
The Mini 0826’s memory capacity is only 64GB, which is less than what the 0806 and 0805 support (256GB and 128GB, respectively). However, some versions have an additional 8GB of internal memory, which can be useful in case you forget the SD card. The camera supports loop recording between internal memory and the SD card, thus giving you an extra 8GB on top of the card’s capacity.
As this device is highly similar to the Mini 0806 and Mini 0805 as far as video quality and features are concerned, but with less memory capacity, we recommend you stick with the earlier models for now. That way you avoid the typical “childhood diseases” that plague many new dashboard cameras when they are first released to the market. For example, the Mini 0806 did have various issues of its own when it first came out, but fortunately those seem to be sorted out by now.
While we’re waiting for the capacitor version of the Mini 0826 to be released, it looks like the Mini 0806 or Mini 0805 are the better options right now. Unless, of course, you really prefer the new form factor, or you’re keen to try something new.
UPDATE: For an overview of all the Mini cameras (from Mini 0801, the original, all the way up to Mini 0903/Nano Q, the latest of the series), check out this article.
Mini 0826 Video Samples
For full original video quality, make sure to watch on full screen and select maximum video resolution (use the cog icon in lower right corner). You may have to rewind the video after changing the resolution.
Day Time Video Sample
Day time video is very good quality. Colors are crisp and details including other car’s license plates are clearly visible at all times.
Night Time Video Sample
Night video quality is good. While there is some glare from street lights and such, night footage is quite clear and the license plates of surrounding vehicles are easy to read, especially when driving slow. At cruising speed, readability of license plates depends on the lighting conditions.
Where To Buy
The Mini 0826 is available for sale from the following vendors: