– Dual channel dash cam
– Max. resolution: front 4K (2160p), rear 1080p
– Price: Amazon US / CA – eBay US / AU – more countries & vendors (affiliate links)
– GPS built-in (also supports GLONASS)
– Wi-Fi (2.4 or 5 GHz)
– Cloud connectivity
– Optional external LTE module
– Video format: MP4
– Supports up to 256 GB MicroSD cards
– Time and date stamp on video
– Lock file button
– Parking modes: Buffered, time-lapse, simple
– Loop recording, auto on/off, G-Sensor, motion detection
– Operating temperature: from -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
– High temperature cutoff (approx. 75°C / 167°F)
– Storage temperature: from -20°C to 90°C (-4°F to 194°F)
– Apps for Android / iOS
– Internal capacitor instead of battery
– Internal microphone and speaker
– Adhesive mount
– Max. resolution: 3840×2160 @ 30fps
– Max. bit rate: 25 Mbps
– Size: 119mm x 36mm diameter (4.67″ x 1.42″)
– Weight: 106g (3.74oz)
– 8MP CMOS sensor
– Angle of view: 162° diagonal, 136° horizontal, 77° vertical
Rear camera (optional):
– Max. resolution: 1920×1080 @ 30fps
– Max. bit rate: 10 Mbps
– Size: 67mm x 25mm diameter (2.65″ x .98″)
– Weight: 25g (.88oz)
– Sony Starvis CMOS sensor (2.1MP)
– Angle of view: 139° diagonal, 116° horizontal, 61° vertical
BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus Review
In late 2021, BlackVue released an upgraded version of their DR900X series, called DR900X Plus.
The “Plus” series camera looks exactly the same as their predecessor, and its specifications are identical, too.
We’ve already done a full review of the DR900X here, describing all of its features including cloud connectivity, Wi-Fi, GPS, and various parking modes. So to make this review more readable, we’ll only point out what has changed with regards to the previous model.
Therefore, if you’re not familiar with the older model, read our full review first, then come back here to find out what has changed.
Better Video Quality
The most important feature of the DR900X Plus is that it comes with a better image processor than the older model. Its improved processing power notably increases video quality, especially at night.
Check out the video samples below to evaluate the camera’s performance.
You will see that during the day, video quality of the DR900X-2CH Plus is very good for the front camera, and good for the rear camera. The footage recorded is comparable to what you would get from the predecessor model, DR900X (without the “Plus”).
At night though, the DR900X-2CH Plus takes video quality up a notch: It records good video both with the front and rear camera. Unlike the older model, you will be able to read license plates most of the time by pausing the video feed.
Other Differences Between DR900X And DR900X Plus
- If you get the optional LTE module for this camera and connect it to the internet, the DR900X Plus can serve as a mobile hot spot in your car. You can connect up to 4 wireless devices (one for each passenger), letting the dash cam serve as a router.
- Seamless pairing: When you first connect the dash cam to the smart phone app, you no longer need to type in the camera’s Wi-Fi password on your phone. The two devices communicate via Bluetooth, thus simplifying the initial setup procedure.
- Another difference is that the DR900X-1CH Plus (single channel version) now comes with a plug for an optional rear camera, so that it can easily be upgraded to the 2-channel version.
Taxi Cam Version
The DR900X-2CH Plus is also available with an infrared rear camera, perfect to record the vehicle’s passenger cabin at night. The infrared version is called BlackVue DR900X-2CH IR Plus and is ideal for use as a taxi cam.
Its improved video quality is enough of a reason to choose this camera over its predecessor. Also, the difference in price is minimal.
With its high reliability, combined with excellent cloud and parking mode features, the BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus is one of our favorite high-end dash cams of the year 2022.
BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus Video Samples
For full original video quality, make sure to watch on full screen and select maximum video resolution (use the cog icon in lower right corner). You may have to rewind the video after changing the resolution.
Day Time Front Video Sample
Day time video quality for the front camera is very good. You can read most license plates of other cars while driving by.
Day Time Rear Video Sample
Rear video during the day is good. Pause video to read license plates.
Night Time Front Video Sample
Forward video quality is good during the night. Most license plates can be read by pausing the video.
Night Time Rear Video Sample
Rear video at night is also good, similar to the forward camera’s.
Compare Prices And Buy Online Today
The BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus is available for sale from the following vendors:
Links to vendors are affiliate links, and help to support this site.