– Dual channel dash cam
– Max. resolution: front: 1080p@30fps, rear: 1080p@24fps
– Price: [CBC show="n" country="ca, gb, ie, au, nz, de, at, ch, nl, fr, be, es, pt, it"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="US"][/CBC][CBC country="ca"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="CA"][/CBC][CBC country="gb"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="UK"][/CBC][CBC country="ie"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="IE"][/CBC][CBC country="au, nz"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="AU"][/CBC][CBC country="de, at, ch"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="DE"][/CBC][CBC country="nl"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="NL"][/CBC][CBC country="be"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="BE"][/CBC][CBC country="fr"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="FR"][/CBC][CBC country="es, pt"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="ES"][/CBC][CBC country="it"][prices_for_country id="lk9750" country="IT"][/CBC] [more] – GPS and GLONASS built-in
– 3.97″ touch screen
– Video format: AVI
– Picture-in-picture (simultaneous front and rear view)
– Operating temperature: from -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
– Storage temperature: from -30°C to 80°C (-22°F to 176°F)
– Supports up to two 256GB SD/microSD cards (total 512GB storage)
– UV filter (included)
– Supports 37mm CPL filter (optional)
– Time and date stamp on video
– Loop recording, auto on/off, G-Sensor, motion detection
– Buffered parking mode (10 seconds before, 20 seconds after impact/motion detected)
– Battery discharge prevention
– OBD-II support
– Player software for Windows and Mac
– Internal capacitor instead of battery
– Internal microphone and speaker
– Voice menu in up to 21 languages, including English and Spanish
– Adhesive mount
– Max. resolution: 1920×1080 @ 30fps
– Large size: 110mm x 103mm x 37mm
– Weight: 186g
– Sony Exmor IMX322 sensor
– Angle of view: 135° diagonal, 107° horizontal, 55° vertical
– Max. resolution: 1920×1080 @ 24fps
– Small size: 50mm x 26mm x 31mm
– Weight: 25g
– Sony Exmor IMX322 sensor
– Angle of view: 130° diagonal, 105° horizontal, 54° vertical
Lukas LK-9750 Duo Review
The Lukas LK-9750 Duo is a front and rear recording dash cam with a 3.97″ touch screen. It was released in late 2014 by Korean manufacturer Qrontech.
This camera’s design is similar to the LK-7950 WD, so make sure not to confuse the two. The LK-9750 Duo’s casings are slightly larger (front and rear cameras), and also it has a large gold-colored ring around its front lens, making it quite a bit more noticeable than the LK-7950.
Just like its counterpart, the LK-9750 records 1080p both ways, with a frame rate of 30fps in the front and 24fps in the rear. Both cameras record seamlessly (no gaps between video files). At day, video quality is good for both the front and rear camera. At night, video is fair for the front camera, and slightly below average at night. For better night video quality, check out the LK-7950 which supports High Dynamic Range (HDR).
Like most Lukas dash cams, the LK-9750 has ODB-II support, so if you have a compatible car (see the link below), you can record your vehicle’s driving data (such as steering wheel angle, gear position, brake pedal status, etc.) along with the video footage.
Another feature the LK-9750 shares with other Lukas dash cams it its large operating temperature range, from -20°C up to 70°C in this case. For drivers in hot climates we definitely recommend getting a Lukas. Note that the LK-7950 WD and LK-7900 ARA work at even higher temperatures up to 80°C though.
Memory capacity is very large, as this device can take two SD cards of up to 256GB each, for a total of 512GB memory.
The LK-9750 comes with buffered parking mode, so if any motion or an impact is detected while your vehicle is parked, it will save video footage from 10 seconds before up to 20 seconds after the event, hopefully allowing you to see the cause. To protect your car’s battery when parked for extensive periods of time, the camera will power down if the voltage drops below a specified level (battery discharge prevention).
To summarize, this camera is great if you’re looking for a dual dash cam with a large touch screen. It shares the features that Lukas dash cams are valued for: Large storage capacity, high and low temperature resistance, and optional ODB-II support. That said, if you can do without the touch screen, the newer LK-7950 WD has better video quality, plus it supports Wi-Fi.
A-type, B-type, D-type
Like other Lukas dash cams, the LK-9750 Duo comes in several variants:
- A-type: No GPS, no ODB-II
- B-type: Built-in GPS, no ODB-II
- D-type: Built-in GPS, with ODB-II module
Note that ODB-II integration only works for compatible cars, which are listed on the manufacturer’s web site (scroll down to “Applicable Vehicles”).
You can also acquire an ODB-II module (called LK-750) separately, which, together with a firmware update, allows you to effectively turn a B-type into a D-type.
Comparison: Lukas LK-7950 WD vs. LK-9750 Duo
Here’s a quick overview of the differences between the two:
|LK-7950 WD||LK-9750 Duo|
|Video Quality (Day)||Very Good||Good|
|Video Quality (Night)||Fair||Average|
|Discreetness||large front cam||slightly larger than LK-7950, gold ring around lens|
|Screen||-||3.97" touch screen|
|Op. temperature||-30 to 80°C||-20 to 70°C|
Lukas LK-9750 Duo Video Samples
Make sure to select the maximum resolution (cog icon).
Day Time Front Video Sample
Front video quality is good during the day time. License plates of nearby cars are easily readable while driving, however at medium distance the image appears slightly blurry.
Day Time Rear Video Sample
Rear video at day is also good. While not the sharpest, details such as license plates are readable when pausing the video.
Night Time Front Video Sample
At night, front video is of fair quality. Again, it’s not the sharpest, but nearby details are clearly visible. License plates can mostly be read when driving by.
Night Time Rear Video Sample
Rear video quality at night is average, at best. You can see what’s going on generally, but it the footage is too dark and fuzzy to read license plates, except when the other car is stopping directly behind you.
Where To Buy
The Lukas LK-9750 Duo (B-type, unless otherwise noted) is available for sale from the following vendors: